Deleting network path link in windows explorer

sistoiv

Often it's impossibile deleting network path links in Windows Explorer, when computer is not connected to network. In this case I get regedit and delete the entries in

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Network

(path's remote drive letter and label)

Can you add this feature?

By

• Moderators

How would CC know which ones to delete? :)

Say, are the ones found broken because the network path has changed or simply the PC is not on that network at the present?

You wouldn't want CC removing network maps and the like without some sort of 'are you sure' option.

I can hear the complaints now; "CC deleted my network drive access, how dare it, I'll never use CC again"

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

"...are the ones found broken because the network path has changed or simply the PC is not on that network at the present?"

Yes, they are.

I understand what you say, but:

1) there is Windows recovery roll back and ccleaner registry cleaning backup

2) it would be a feature not a legal obligation

3) this issue happens so many times, first of all when you use notebook on the job and then move it at home

4) if you know how do to (that registry entry) than it's all right, otherwise these links will remain eternally

However. it's a suggestion...

• Moderators

Still strikes me as having CC go down a more aggressive tidy-up avenue, in my opinion.

But this would be how most new features make it to final release, the more positive feedback a suggestion gets, the more likely it would get implemented I guess.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

1) there is Windows recovery roll back and ccleaner registry cleaning backup

I am not aware of any Windows recovery roll back specific to network path links.

The only thing I can think of is Restore Points and System Restore which either does not work ,

or if it does would roll back more than one individual action,

AND it consumes a tremendous amount of free space because it automatically creates an EXTRA restore point in case you choose to undo the restore.

In my view it is not practical for a novice to use registry cleaning to deal with network path links,

AND to ensure adequate segregation between the backup for this and the backup for general registry cleaning..

A non-novice that could segregate should also have the skill for one time only composition of one delete key and one merge key,

and then launch whichever key is needed at any time.