CC Cleaner wipe free disc space utility too slow

I have the following issue with CC Cleaner - and srry for my english if it's not right...

When I run "wipe free disc space" (not sure how it's called, I have czech version) utility on my laptop, the whole process (analysis and cleaning itself) takes between 4 to 5 hours. It's a system disc (with no partitions) and I have between 700 and 800 GB of free space on it. Specs. are: Win 7 64 bit, Intel B960 CPU (I think it has 2,4 GHz and it dual core), 6 GB DDR3 RAM. So that's fine.

BUT, when I run CC Cleaner on my PC, and I want to clean free disc space on my system disc (partition) (I only have one HDD, with a system "disc" = partition and two other partitions), just the analysis takes about 7 or sometimes even more hours. And it "only" has between 300 to 400 GB of free space. I also noticed that when it gets over a certain number of % (I think over 60 %) it starts to run much faster. The cleaning itself is also fast - it takes only between 1 and 2 hours. Specs of my PC: Win 7 64 bit, 8 GB RAM DDR3, CPU: Intel i5 3450 (3,4 GHz, quad core). I use version 4.03.4151 (64 bit).

I use single pass method. I start it from "tools" in menu. I heard that it uses a different method when started from somewherre else. Could this other method be faster? And where can I start it?

So, my question is, why does it analyze that disc in my PC so slowly? Does anyone have any idea what could be causing it? Or is it normal?

It just seems strange that it runs so fast on laptop and so slow on my PC. Maybe because I use my PC more? Meaning that I overwrite the HDD more often?

Thanks for the help

CCleaner runs faster for me if I disable my security system - after disconnecting from the Internet.

Could you have similar issues with different security products ?