Multiple copies of CCleaner running at same time

It is my recommendation that CCleaner be restricted so that only one copy of CCleaner can be in RAM memory running at any point in time. At the present time, multiple copies of CCleaner can be loaded in RAM. IMO, this is a CCleaner bug that should be fixed.

On my systems, I have CCleaner /auto pinned to the taskbar. I sometimes accidentally click on the CCleaner icon in the taskbar while CCleaner is already running. This starts a second copy of CCleaner running in RAM. I use Winapp2.ini which makes CCleaner load slower. Therefore the CPU usage of 2 copies of CCleaner loading//running can be as high as 85%.

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC and Dell XPS 16 9640 Laptop.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

Not a bug,

and also a very bad suggestion.

I suggest that you refrain from pinning to the taskbar,

and instead use an alternative such as a desktop short-cut or a hot-key,

and then you should know that an icon in the taskbar-notification tray is NOT an invitation to click what is already running.

I love the fact that I can simultaneously ANALYZE with Portable versions of CCleaner,

and compare on-screen the differences in their capabilities.

My old Portable version of CCleaner is fully known, fully tested, and fully trusted.

If I see identical junk detection between the old and the latest versions,

then there is ZERO reason to use the latest version and delete old faithful,

and every reason to delete the latest version and wait for the next release.

There is absolutely no reason to use the latest version of CCleaner with enhanced cleaning of IE10 running under Win8 when I only use Palemoon under Win7.

If there are differences between junk detection,

then I take responsibility for my own safety and evaluate the changes,

and decide if they are hazardous or worthwhile (what is one cookie or a 1 KB log file between friends).

Whilst having full respect for Piriform developers,

they cannot have the resources to test the full consequences of each CCleaner release upon every brand and release of

Motherboard

BIOS

Software (Utilities, Applications, etc.)

Alan