defrag whole drive before boot & defrag on-the-fly

Djfe

Hi,

what do you think about an option to defrag the whole drive before the system boot to prevent that there are still fragmented files after defragmenting (I'm not talking about the boot files, I'm talking about other opened files which remain fragmented)?

and another idea I got is defrag on-the-fly by letting defraggler run in the background (tray) and defrag while the system isn't used

but this option should be compatible with energy saving, hibernation/standby and other interruptions

EDIT:

and a third idea I got is:

defragmenting 2 drives at the same time

(if your whole system is superfast, you have enough ram, cpu power, etc.

but you have for example 2 usb drives or even a system drive that are not that fast and so your system isn't very busy or even slow

-> would speed up the process a lot)

and a fourth idea :D :

during defragmenting Defraggler should update the file list so that I can see which files are still fragmentated and how big they are and so on

(turning the font color of files which have been defragmentated already into grey or something like that)

and I don't know if it's a bug but right now I'm not able to scroll with my mouse wheel through the file list (tab)

• Moderators

and I don't know if it's a bug but right now I'm not able to scroll with my mouse wheel through the file list (tab)

Select a file in the list first, then the scroll feature kicks in.

during defragmenting Defraggler should update the file list so that I can see which files are still fragmentated and how big they are and so on

It does in the sense that the Fragments column should go down to 1 if it could access the file. maybe it could remove the file from the File List automatically.

But I just re-Analyse to get an updated list.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• 2 weeks later...

Select a file in the list first, then the scroll feature kicks in.

I can't select a file while Defraggler is defragmenting

It does in the sense that the Fragments column should go down to 1 if it could access the file. maybe it could remove the file from the File List automatically.

But I just re-Analyse to get an updated list.

I mean it should be updated and accessible during defragmentation not after ;-)