CCleaner saves two instances of registry files

I save my registry files when using CCleaner in my "Documents" folder named ccleaner, but recently I noticed another instance of the files being saved in my "Documents" folder outside of the ccleaner folder. When I delete one instance the other instance is also deleted. I don't get it and I've never seen this before.

I'm not sure this is even a bug with CCleaner or a problem with my computer. Anyone experienced this or know what the cause might be?

Windows 7 OS with i7 quadcore chip

Windows 7 has Reparse Points which are "smoke and mirrors magic".

One file exists in one path, but Reparse points appear to duplicate it.

Delete the genuine file and the duplicates vanish.

How do I get rid of the duplicate without losing the original? But what I really need to know is how to prevent this from happening in the first place and why is this happening now when it never happened before? Is it due to some change in my Windows machine or a change in CCleaner?

You need to specify the complete path and and file name for each instance.

I suggest you change the extension from ".reg" to ".txt" of one instance and report whether this automatically changes the extension of the other instance.

If changing one affects the other then deleting one will delete both.

Finally I suggest that you create in one of these folders a file named anything.txt and if a duplicate appears in the other folder,

then it is definitely not a CCleaner bug but a Windows feature - which is the worst sort of bug :o