Lost CSS(?) for facebook/hotmail

Ginko

I think this is a brand new problem so I am quite excited (or not).

Tonight I realised I didn't clean my computer in a while (3 months more or less), so I upgraded to the latest (free)version of Ccleaner.

"wow plenty of new options".

I didn"t touch anything, started the clean up. 2.2G freed later I try to log on facebook on my regular browser : firefox.

The page takes forever to load and finally appears without any css (just white background and black text). I still log on and it doesn't change anything, still no css.

Fair enough, let's try with chrome. Ok so with chrome I get the homepage ok but when I try to log on ... yeah no css again.

I check my hotmail account (which surpisingly still opens straight away, weird cause I cleared the cookies).

So I told to myself that the clean up prolly went wrong at some point, so I did it again.

Now I end up with no facebook and no hotmail (page desoen't even load).

Gmail is fine, other accounts on other websites are fine (tumblr took a while to appear correctly though)

I have no clue what can be done in that case.

What OS are you using? XP/Vista/7? And is it 32 or 64 Bit?

Have you tried a reboot, then updating to the latest version of flash lately, before trying to open those flash rich web pages?

And if your using Firefox, go to Options/Advanced/Network/Settings & select No Proxy & save.

* Newer versions of Firefox work best if they are clean installed with a clean profile. Or use MozBackup to backup your bookmarks/passwords.

Then, let Firefox create a new profile, close firefox, & run MozBackup to import the old settings into the new profile container.

When I updated from lower Firefox versions (think like 9/10/11) to 13/14 etc., I had problems with massive slowdowns/website hangs till I did this.

I believe Firefox changes the way it handles profile containers on newer versions, which is why this happens.

It may or may not fix your problem, but worth checking into.

You could try to reboot and run CCleaner before opening any browsers (to make sure none browser-related processes are running).

If that doesn't help, you could use the browser's built-in cleaner, close the browser and run CCleaner.

Well yesterday night nothing was working, even after reboots and new Ccleans so I just turned off the damn thing and went to sleep.

This morning firefox was ok, I could log on facebook and hotmal.

Chrome is still down for those two websites.

Go figure... :blink: