Where can I get a quad core netbook?

Super Fast

I have a dual core Acer D260 netbook.

It is pretty awesome for basic tasks/portability/network trouble shooting, making backups, etc.

But I saw a netbook while out of state once (I believe in Walmart in Connecticut) that was a quad core with 4GB RAM & 64 Bit 7.

I am in NC, but I have been unable to find any around here. Does anyone know where I can get one?

I am salivating at what a quad-core netbook will do. I may do away with my main desktop & sell it off, then output my netbook to my LCD screen!

Yes, there are plenty of quad-core laptops, but I have a lot harder time finding a quadcore netbook.

Netbooks are like laptops, but they are much smaller. About 10 inches compared to 15 or more for laptops.

They have audio, USB, mic & audio out, integrated webcam & mic, etc, but they may be a little underpowered and do NOT have a CD/DVD drive internally.

It's easy to find quad core laptops, but I am having trouble locating netbooks that are quad or higher. I'd love to find a quadcore netbook, because they are so small.

• Moderators

Never seen a netbook with a quad core processor. Most of them have atom or amd e/c series processors.

You could probably find an ultrabook with a quad core(or a macbook air) but your talking in the $1000 range and not the $300 price of a netbook.

http://www.ask.com/a...-core-processor

ThomasNMn: 1 year ago

There is in fact an Acer netbook with a quad core processor.

The Acer Aspire One 522 Netbook has recently been introduced. It uses the same technology available to quad core processor machines.

It is available for about $320.

B) Salivating... Catch drool... Mmmmm!!!! :lol:

* I have seen Ultrabooks, but they are like really thin laptops. Netbooks are smaller, more portable, & I like them better. Cheaper too!

• Moderators

http://www.amazon.co...d/dp/B004GILTB6

I think that quote you have isn't accurate. I googled the number and found a link to it on amazon. Same AMD c-50 as every other amd based netbook. Its not quad core, its dual core with a dedicated gpu.

Ultrabooks are much more than just thin laptops.

http://www.amazon.co...words=ultrabook

Core i5, 6 hours of battery life, 13.3 inch screen and only an ounce heavier than the netbook I linked too. Yeah its double the price but its actually a useful computer too. Netbooks are dog slow.

Edit:

Looking at that ultrabook the computer even has a SSD for the OS and a regular drive to store your files on.

I think I might buy this pc....