DFF64.exe Incompatible with Win7/64?

Yinepuhotep

I have Defraggler set to do a weekly defrag, and according to the system logs, it pops up on schedule every week, like clockwork, no problem. However, when it does, I begin getting a message popup that tells me that dff64.exe is not compatible with my version of Windows, and a command shell window displaying every message that dff64sends in the process of doing the defrag. Every single 1% change in fragmentation, every file opening or error, EVERYTHING. Is there something wrong I should know about, or a way to configure Defraggler so that I'm not forced to deal with this problem every time it launches the weekly defrag? I wouldn't complain so much, except that according to Cacheman, dff64 is eating over 60% of my system resources when it's doing this. I can easily believe it, because the lag on my system when it's running is so bad that I can't even open Notepad without risk of it timing out. At the same time, using Defraggler normally doesn't give me ANY of this trouble. So the graphical application works like a dream, and I would NEVER run a Windows system without it, but the command line version eats my system resources and gives me constant error/incompatibility messages. Any suggestions for how to track down what's causing this problem and/or how to fix it?