CCleaner

brownie

Press Ctrl+Alt+del to open the process manager. Go to processes and see if you see firefox.exe. If you do cancel it and then run ccleaner. Also make sure you not using any preloaders.

25254[/snapback]

Thanks! Problem solved.

It was a Firefox preloader causing the problem.

Every time I try to run CCleaner I get the following message, even when CCleaner is not running:

'You must close Firefox/Mozilla to allow the Internet Cache to be cleaned.

Otherwise this process will be skipped.'

Any suggestions?

25185[/snapback]

I always considered this as merely an automated reminder, and not a response to something the keyboard operator (i.e. you) has forgotton to do; it seems to pop up regardless of wether you've closed firefox or not. Nonetheless......firefox straight afterwards seems to be running on steroids !!

Hope this helps.

Ken.

I always considered this as merely an automated reminder, and not a response to something the keyboard operator (i.e. you) has forgotton to do; it seems to pop up regardless of wether you've closed firefox or not.  Nonetheless......firefox straight afterwards seems to be running on steroids !!

Hope this helps.

Ken.

25530[/snapback]

The only reason the message brownie mentioned pops up is because firefox is open or a user closed the program but for some reason the process is still running, it does not pop up other wise.