Ccleaner wont clean Google Chrome browser files, says Chrome open when it is not.

razzell2

Good morning.

When I run Ccleaner I get a popup asking me to "close google chrome" or Ccleaner cannot clean Chrome's browser files.

My Google Chrome is always closed, as are all of my browsers, when I get this message.

(see screenshot below)

ccleanergooglechromepopup.jpg

After some forum reading and some poking around in my computer, I found that everytime I open Google Chrome it puts a checkmark in my system configuration (msconfig), under the startup tab, into a Google Chrome exe box.

(see screenshot below)

msconfiggooglechrome.jpg

If I remove that checkmark, restart my computer, and do not open Google Chrome, I can run Ccleaner and it will clean all of my browser data including Google Chrome's browsing history.

But as soon as I open the Google Chrome browser, the checkmark automatically goes back into that Chrome exe box, and Ccleaner give's me the popup box again.

My question is... does this happen because of a Google Chrome app or a Google Chrome plugin that I may have installed?

Or, would this continue to happen just from opening Google Chrome even if I had NO app's or plugin's installed on my Google Chrome browser?

(I only have a few app's installed onto my Chrome browser..Web Store, Youtube, Facebook, Google Calendar and Angry Birds. As far as I know the only plugin's running on my Chrome browser are default plugin's.)

Is there a way to keep the Chrome startup exe box from being checked in "start up" when I run Google Chrome so that Ccleaner cleans all files, including Chrome files?

(It seems to me that this began to happen after a Ccleaner update.....perhaps two or 3 updates back.

I could be wrong about this, and Im sorry but I cannot remember what Ccleaner version I was using before this began.)

I am a noob here so I thank you for taking the time to read this and for adding your thoughts.

(I was asked to start a new thread with this question...I had it in the wrong forum location)

Thank you,

Russell