Help! -- At the CLI

Rapture

Hey all,

Just wanted to start my first ever post saying great products! Now down to business...

I'm looking to run Defraggler in a small business setting but I have an issue, or rather a lack of knowledge concerning the program in this regard. I need to distribute either a task or a batch file that runs the program (through GPO preferred) from a central location. Problem is, I'm not sure how credentials work in regards to df.exe. I need to run the df.exe version, but I need this to happen whenever a user signs on. Problem is, I can't seem to verify this is actually happening. When I test it, I can create a task (as myself, also logged into the machine) and create the task manually, but if I use a global admin account credential, the task seems to fail to run! Even using local system credentials, nothing seems to happen. The CMD prompt window pops up and collapses just as fast as it came.

Can someone explain to me what I'm doing wrong and how I might resolve this? The end goal is to have df.exe stored on a network shared drive (so I can easily do updates), and have the program run on startup (through GPO in this case). Option B would be to be able to send out a mass scheduled task and have it run at a certain time regardless of user logins (which is the point). I would rather that option since it's a controlled time with which I can manage it, but I could never get the credentials to stick or work properly with either defraggler or ccleaner.

Any help in this regard would be much obliged! p.s. - I've used the search feature extensively, but I'm human and subject to just plain or obvious oversight. I've been beating my head against this for a couple of days now, so a fresh set of experienced eyes would be amazing.

Thank you again!!!