User Assist Always Blank

Roxie2401

1. I have CCleaner set to run at StartUp

2. Most recent used program list is empty.

3. Most recent used programs never populate.

If I untick "Advanced: User Assist History" then the Most Recent Program list populates normally (as I open and close programs). But, if I have "Advanced: User Assist History" checked and run the Cleaner, next time I reboot, the list is empty and never adds programs.

I understand the Cleaner emptying the contents, but why does it not allow programs to be added?

Not a real problem, just an annoyance.

V3.04.1389 on Windows XP SP3.

• Moderators

Hi Roxie.

The lack of response tells me that no one has an answer at the moment.

Maybe try running CCleaner at shutdown instead of startup, and see if the list will then populate. In the meantime, someone may spot your post who has had a similar experience.

After CCleaner has been ran at startup, then it may take a reboot to allow the list to populate again normally, but with CCleaner running again every time you boot, it isn't getting the chance. That may be a bit thin, but it's all I can think of for now.

XP can be quirky like that.

Dennis,

Yes, I agree - by running it at start-up it looks like a fresh reboot is required to get the list to populate.

I would love to run the program at shut-down - too bad CCleaner only has the option for start-up built-in.

• Moderators

In my humble opinion Roxie, running it at shutdown is better than startup, and with a little initial effort to set it up, CCleaner will carry out a clean and "Auto-Shutdown" with a one click operation.

Have a look here, and if you need any help with it, just post back here.

CCleaner Auto Shutdown:

Hope that helps.