just defrag, don't reorganize files/drive

djot

Feature request 1:

new option:

Just defrag files, but do not move everything to the beginning of the drive.

Does the Quick Defrag, or selecting after analysis selecting the fragmented files via the checkbox in the file list and defragging then not do this?

If you want Quick Defrag to tackle even the largest fragments, with little to be gained by defragging them, then increase the option from the default 50 MB to an even larger value.

Are you doing a full drive defrag or file defrag? If you're doing a full drive defrag do a file defrag instead which just defragments the file and doesn't place it at the beginning of the drive, in my experiences at least.

Note: There is a forum called Defraggler Suggestions for a reason and instead of posting each suggestion individually you can present a list of them.

Hi,

Yeah, found out myself that if you defrag only files, this (most time too time and hdd-life consuming) movement of all files to the beginning will not happen. But it was not clear to me that Defraggler won't start moving the files even if started on the files tab. Doing a complete defrag a option cleary stating to not move everything to the beginning would be clearer than doing experiments on your own.

djot