Display Name History

kroozer

On our profile page we have a button Display Name History. Clicking on mine reports No history to display.

Can someone explain this function? I didn't know we could change our name.

• Moderators

Changing your username is something the admin won't do unless it's for a very very good reason.

They don't want start a situation where anyone could change their username at anytime, and I think we can appreciate that. It's also something only the admin can physically do. It's beyond the scope of us lowly mods.

:)

Changing your username is something the admin won't do unless it's for a very very good reason.

That's what I presumed, which is why I was baffled by the button.

A member would lose all his/her reputation with a name change. Everyone would ask, "Who's that?"

• Moderators

I can't even change my avatar never mind my username. I wouldn't feel like me anymore.

In fact I've had it so long I half expect to see old Woody when I look in the mirror. :lol:

• Moderators

I believe the section of the user profile is a side effect of the software's name changing facilities. But that turning off everyone's access to the facility doesn't disable the profile area.

(just a semi-educated guess based on my use of PHP)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

You could be right Ishan.

It's sad that Bob Dylan met Woody Guthrie in his final "home", a supposed hell hole called "Greystone Park Psychiatric Hospital".

A sad end for the original protest singer.

(There's a thing, the link has embedded the video!)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.