Defragger Fragmentation reduction?

rklaass

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit. I've been running the defragger for probably six months. For about three months it worked great. At some point my percentage of fragmentation started to increase. I'm up to 27% now when two weeks ago it was 10%. Now when I run it my fragmentation keeps getting worse. I analyzed my system with the Windows defragger it says I have 0%. I don't have a clue where I stand because I'm getting conflicting info. Any help?

Sorry. I'm no expert and that's something I don't know about. How do I go about doing that? As a side note, I've ordered a new laptop so in a week I'll be transfering data from this laptop to my new one. I would like to keep the new "clean".

How do I go about doing that?

If you don't already have any version of CCleaner, download the lightweight slim build.

Open CCleaner and click Tools > System Restore. Since you've not visited this page before I'll bet you're maxed out with Restore Points.

Keep four or five of the most recent points, select the rest and click Remove. Run Defraggler again and you'll see a lower frag count.

I just did a three wipe pass which took it down to zero. At this point the wipes seemed to clean it up. Before the last wipe I had about fifty gig fragmented and after the three pass I went to Zero. So thanks for the help. I think you helped fix it.