Poor W7 x64 performance post defraggler

medicnick

Hi guys - thanks for an awesome utility. My machine is a W7 x64 with dual HDDs. The OS on one and data on the other. After running Defraggler on the C: drive(usually it takes a couple of runs on the OS disk to get all file defragged) until there are no more files that can be defragged, the performance of the machine seems to slow down... so I've gotten in the habit of rebooting at that point.

What usually happens next is the reboot takes 2-3x longer than normal and it will lose some of the quick link and desktop icons. In Windows Explorer I have several file locations mapped to my favorites library (on the second HD)and it loses the icons for those as well.

At times if I continue, the file referencing system seems to lose itself requiring UAC to access those files, although I have UAC turned off. If I reboot a second time, this generally resolves and goes back to normal.

I've tried to give a complete description of the issue but please let me know what I can do to clarify or provide more information.

Cheers,

Nick