Default color choices

Gingko

Hello,

I would like to make a suggestion for a change in the default colors in the drive space map (sorry if it don't use proper names, I am translating them back from French).

The default color used for "MFT reserved space" is currently a kind of dark violet.

I think this is not a good choice : MFT reserved space is actually a free space (made for being allocated last, after all other free space will have been taken), and this color doesn't suggest it. This would rather need a color very near to white.

I know that I have an option for changing colors, and this is what I repeatedly do all the time on each new install (I replace by a light cyan).

But with the new 2.00 design, I find now harder to do this: the two default display templates cannot be customized, which means that for doing the same thing, I have to build a whole custom display from scratch, by specifying each time all parameters (width, height, style, mode, and all other colors one by one), and I cannot quickly switch between modern and original display template.

So I suggest now to select another default color for MFT reserved space ? and maybe also to allow modern and original display templates to be separately customized, in addition to the ability to create a whole customized display template.

Gingko

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to be able to roll out a Defraggler to multiple PC's with your custom colors, here is an easy way to do it:

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Open Defraggler.

Go to Settings.

Under Drive Map, select Custom & get it like you want it.

Now, go to Settings again.

Go to Options.

Checkmark the box "Save all settings to INI file".

Create a new empty folder on your Desktop & label it Defraggler.

Copy Defraggler to this folder, along with the defraggler shortcut on your desktop.

Do NOT move, right-click drag it, release, & select copy here.

Right click a blank area on the desktop.

Choose create shortcut, & paste in %HOMEPATH%/Desktop.

Click next when it suggests name it Desktop.

Right click a blank area on the desktop.

Choose create shortcut, & paste in %PROGRAMFILES%.

Click next when it suggests name it Program Files.

Move these 2 new shortcuts that you just created into your Defraggler folder.

Insert your flash drive & right click the Defraggler folder you created on the desktop.

Choose SendTo -> Flash Drive.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Every time you want to "Setup" another Defraggler installation, simply:

- Insert flash drive

- Drag Defraggler to Program Files shortcut, & Defraggler shortcut to Desktop shortcut.

The paths are relative, so it should work with XP/Vista/7! This is far fewer clicks than doing a "new install", so I think this should be much easier once you set it up!