Defraggler runs very slowly and uses up CPU

Hey Gang,

I've been running defraggler for as long as I can remember and this is the first time I've run into this issue with it. Since my last update (v1.21.209), defraggler runs extremely slowly and chews up all the CPU on my machine. For giggles, and because my drive was a disaster, I've run it multiple times but since it starts over from the beginning each time it gets about 25% done and then starts to bog down until the CPU is near 100% all the time. Most recently, I have left it running for days (I have cold air blowing on the system and it's remained stable temp wise, so no biggie). The drives themselves (running a RAID 0) don't actually do much - the CPU seems to be holding it back.

In any case, I'm attaching some screen shots that show the task manager (and the 60+ hrs this has been running), basic info about my system and an xml dump from Speccy for your perusal. I've rebooted, checked everything else (drivers, windows itself, etc.). I don't have any problems running Diskeeper on the system (which I installed and ran as a test and then removed)... so not sure what the dealio is. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

-- Denny

TERABABY.xml

post-40639-090454200 1288106705_thumb.png

post-40639-005070400 1288106724_thumb.png

post-40639-066992700 1288106734_thumb.png

• Moderators

Hi Denny, and welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear of your troubles.

Can you run Defraggler in "Debug" mode and post the logs here? And in the meantime I would suggest going back to a version which worked OK.

All Defraggler Versions: (File Hippo)

http://www.piriform.com/docs/defraggler/troubleshooting/running-defraggler-in-debug-mode

There is a beta version of Defraggler available, but that could be the same, and I wouldn't recommend using a beta. That has to be a personal choice.

Post back as to whether the previous version still works OK, and that will help the devs.

Thanks.