CCleaner work on Raid SSD's?

MrFizzbin

Greetings all. This is my first post in your fine forums. I have a pair of 64GB SSD's on thier way and I intended them to replace a pair 32GB raptor drives. I usually do my homework first, but I guess this time I jumped the gun a little. I intend to put those SSD's in raid 0 array, but have recently found out that TRIM will not be supported if I do so. As such, performance will degrade in time. In my research, I came accross a couple of references that suggest your product (CCleaner)will do the trick that TRIM does. These drives are on thier way, so they are definately going into my rig. Can anyone confirm this or provide more detail please?

Thank you for your cooperation in advance.

• Moderators

There's been some discussion here, and a lot in the ocztechnologyforum, about this matter. On a general sweep through the comments I think that the case is unproven. Personally I can't see how CC's wipe free space could equate to a trim command, but I'm no expert.

I would tend to agree. If thr Trim command in a Raid environment, cannot get through, I cannot see how an aaplication can without the firmware's cooperation in some way. I'm thinking if I absolutely want to maintain those SSD's in raid, I will image them, slap the original raptors back into place, us CClean, or some other app. on the individual SSD's to bring them back up to snuff, pull the Raptors back out, and slap the SSD's back in and restore the image to them. Not really looking forward to that scenario!