RECUVA REPORTS

Raven1230123

hi,

i'm new to this so pls understand my lack of understanding....lol

when i run recuva it shows all the files that i've deleted etc... & it shows you when these files were created, last accessed & so on.

my question is how does it get this data?

because if i look at files that i've deleted & when last i accessed them versus what recuva shows me it doesn't add up...

for example, i deleted a file today, the last time i accessed it was on the 15/10. when i run recuva it will pick up the file but would shpow me last access on the 09/10. no where does it show the date 15/10...

it may not seem like a big thing, but i need to prove something to my wife, so very much important to me...

can anyone help?

Good point...

if i last viewed a video on the 12th June & then deleted it the next day. when i run the recuva deep scan, it picks up video file. but when you see the "info tab" where is shows this:

Filename: progbarRight.png

Path: E:\?\Adobe CS3\resources\media\img

Size: 273 bytes (273)

State: Excellent

Creation time: 2010/02/04 15:39

Last modification time: 2007/03/22 06:56

Last access time: 2010/02/04 15:39

Comment: No overwritten clusters detected.

now in none of these dates above will it say the 12th June. i would expect to see that date in the "Last access time" but it gives me totally different dates.

so i wanna understand where/how does it get this information from? my marriage depends on it...

• Moderators

Isn't .png a pic file, and a very small one at 273 bytes?

I presume the created/last accessed times are when this was downloaded, or loaded, to your pc, and that this particular tiny image hasn't been accessed since. Possibly the last modified date (being three years before you accessed it) is when the image was created.

If you're looking for a video then you'll have to look again, as this isn't it.