Defraggler "hangs" on 24 GB file?

mr don

I was running Defraggler on a machine earlier, & I found that it seemed to hang at "98%" done!

The file is a 24 GB video file. I have no way of knowing what Defraggler is doing here, since there are no yellow or green blocks showing, but it is still "defragging" I hope!

Could you please add some visual progress bar that comes up on files over 1 GB or so? I seriously do not want to be waiting around all day for enormous files to "defrag" only to "do nothing"!

Yes, I say do nothing, because prior to that, I ran Windows Defragger (XP Media Center) & it said that 1 file (the 24 GB one) could not be defragged!

I would seriously love for Piriform to check into this. I am running Defraggler right now, but it has been stuck on 98% so it appears it is not really defragging this file either!

Is this a bug? Limitation? Does defraggler even support such large files? I really need the file defragged if possible.

Can you either add support for huge 24+ GB files with %defragged visual indicators on these files so we can actually see what is happening?

If this is a bug, please let me know!

Thank you!

P.S. While defraggler takes seconds on the other files, it takes several minutes to even "Analyze" this file, & this is on a Pentium D 2.8 GHZ machine that isn't using all the ram, & is clean from malware. There is about 50% free space on the 160 GB Sata drive.