Bug with AVG 9.0 - deletes 'last scan date'

Lusa1018

This is a bug I found -

on my PC, with Win XP (and I have a dial-up connection), I had AVG 8.5 and used PCCleaner, and these worked fine together.

Recently, I uninstalled AVG 8.5; and then installed the newer version of AVG 9.0 - when I started it for the very first time, AVG insisted on doing a complete PC scan. I did this. The AVG interface was then updated with the 'date last scan' as that day's date.

Then later, when I used PCCleaner, it deleted about 90 MB of AVG files, and also it seems it deleted the value in the 'date last scan'.

So...The next time I started up my PC, AVG interface shows 'never been scanned' and it insisted again,for the first time, it must scan the whole PC, which it did. This takes a very long time. It then updates the date for 'last scan date' to today's date.

Then, once again, after using PCCleaner, it removes the value of the date.

So, either I keep all extra 90 MB of AVG files and don't clean them up, to keep my 'last date scan'....or, I clean up my files with PCCleaner, and have to do an entire PC scan every time I started it up.

The bug: PCCleaner should clean up excess files, but keep the 'last scan date' value used by the AVG interface menu.

Has anyone else run into this bug? any advice?

Are you using PCcleaner (PCC) or CCleaner ? Ccleaner is MUCH better !

It seems one or two parts of CC are incorporated in PCC. I ran PCC and one or two parts had the feel and look like of CC. I think the Piriform folks should check whether PCC (http://www.pccleaner.com/) is using programcode designed/used by Piriform.

System setup: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/gcNzIPEjEb0B2khOOBVCHPc

A discussion always stimulates the braincells !!!