Deleting folder contents that were NOT selected

coinshooter

I've been using CC for a long time with excellent results. Recently my computer crashed and I had to reinstall Vista. After the reinstallation, I had some duplicate folders including my MUSIC folder.

I sent that duplicate to the recycle bin and later tried to use CC using the Secure file deletion option. Since I have hundreds of songs, it was taking forever so I canceled out, took off the Secure file deletion option and reran CC. Everything seemed Ok. That was three days ago. Last night I was going to use CC with the Secure file deletion option once again checked. After some misc files were deleted, I started noticing that it was deleting what I thought was my old MUSIC folder as it was going through and listing each song. I figured that maybe since I canceled the original scan it left over some files. NOT! It ended up deleting my current MUSIC files under my User name! I've never seen that before. Today I tried to run a scan with the Secure file deletion option checked and it once more started to delete my current MUSIC files. I don't know how to stop it from doing that!

Suggestions please?

coinshooter

• Moderators

It seems sensible to stop using secure deletion until this has been sorted. It sounds as if you have some corruption with the recycler. There have been other posts here with corrupted recyclers, I think that the remedy is to delete the recycler and reboot, whence Windows will create a new recycler.

I would also make sure you have a backup of your music folder to avoid further loss of data whilst you're experimenting.

It seems sensible to stop using secure deletion until this has been sorted. It sounds as if you have some corruption with the recycler. There have been other posts here with corrupted recyclers, I think that the remedy is to delete the recycler and reboot, whence Windows will create a new recycler.

I would also make sure you have a backup of your music folder to avoid further loss of data whilst you're experimenting.

Hello,

Thanks for the reply and the suggestions. I did delete the Recycle Bin and let it be recreated, but still no joy. Even if I use the option of just one pass instead of 3 or 7 it still starts to delete my music files. But, if I just use it as a basic clean no music files are shown being deleted?!?!?!

coinshooter