Speccy (1.03) misses my ext 640 GB Seagate

TechHarmony

Running Speccy 1.03 (162) new today (Jul 15), Windows XP SP3, Vaio minitower:

Speccy does not show my external 640 GB HD Seagate Freeagent Desk in the Hard Drives list. It does show my two internal HD, and my external Firewire connected 500 GB Maxtor, but does not show the Seagate 640.

When I look under USB peripherals, below the mouse, below my Kingston Flash drive, there is listed the 640 GB Seagate external HD.

While it is good that it shows up somewhere,

SUGGESTION: is it possible to have external USB Hard Drive display in the Hard Drives section, since that is what it really is? even though it is connected via USB cable. Note that Windows Explorer considers it a Hard Drive, not a removable storage device.

P.S.:

When the ext (USB attached) Hard Drive is shown only in the USB peripherals list, it also does not reveal any information about the size of the HD, nor its drive (Seagate etc) model number. Another reason why it would be better to display in the Hard Drives section.

Just a suggestion to make the Speccy info more immediately useful, especially to people who are less inclined to scroll through a list of USB specs looking for a hard drive. ;)

Thank you.

post-15726-127923105492_thumb.png

post-15726-12792310741_thumb.png

The Universe is intelligent and friendly 8-)