DELETESELF only works when folder is NOT empty

I really like the REMOVESELF switch to delete a folder. The only problem seems to be that if a folder is empty, CCleaner won't execute the REMOVESELF. Folders are often temporarily created (for example, a CONFIG.MSI folder is created during some installations), but many times, there are no files left in this folder after the installation (the folder still exists). Because the folder is empty, CCleaner's scan overlooks it and it never gets deleted. I've tested this by manually creating a file (a blank .txt file, for example) in a folder that is configured in CCleaner to REMOVESELF. Re-running CCleaner again with the file present will result in the folder being deleted. If the folder has no files, CCleaner will not remove the folder.

Its Removeself, not deleteself. You should use "|*.*|REMOVESELF", for example:

E:\My Documents\The KMPlayer\|*.*|REMOVESELF

Thanks! My error - I actually am using the correct syntax (|REMOVESELF). Still, unless there is at least one file in the folder designated to be "removed", it is not removed.

Thanks! My error - I actually am using the correct syntax (|REMOVESELF). Still, unless there is at least one file in the folder designated to be "removed", it is not removed.

It is for me, the example I gave is a folder that KMPlayer creates at every start and is always empty for me, hence why I have it included to clean. Have just double checked by starting KMPlayer to recreate the folder, it is completely empty and is removed by CCleaner.

Are you sure you used the specific wildcard syntax in my example, ie |*.*|REMOVESELF

You could try adding the folder to CCleaners include list, making sure to select from the dropdown box "Include files and subfolders and the folder itself". If that works you'll know there's an issue with your syntax.

Can you manually delete the folder just from Windows, ie just right click and delete it, would rule out the issue being that it's in use or protected in some way