Yet another suggestion: Display OS Product Key

Mickey Way

I just discovered Speccy. It is GREAT! Of course everybody and their uncle are going to say "add this" and so on, so why should I be any different.

Under the Operating System section, it would be nice to list the Product Key. It would be a simple way to recover the key if you have misplaced your original key and are stuck when you want to do a re-install of the OS.

MS Windows XP Home 32-bit SP3

Installation Date: 31 December 2009, 11:36

Product Key: xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

i dont think its a good idea, it'll just be a pain in the ass if you have to post screenshots on a forum, or export a snapshot..

here's my suggestion:

Activation: Activated - 31 December 2009, 12:44

................Invalid *Click here to chance key*

................Not Activated *Click here to activate*

i think this is a better idea since it just shows the status, and not the key it self..

i dont think its a good idea, it'll just be a pain in the ass if you have to post screenshots on a forum, or export a snapshot..

Why would you have to post a screenshot of your OS and installation date? You shouldn't need photo proof of your OS. If you are posting a question on a tech support site or forum, no one is going to challenge your system reference. MicroSoft is the ONLY site that cares about this information, and I can tell you with 100% confidence, THEY don't need a screenshot of your system information.

Irregardless, the Speccy team has already initiated my suggestion, which is why I came back to this post to tell them "Thanks". I just did a reinstall and downloaded Speccy, not realizing the version now says "spsetup102", and got a nice surprise when I saw the key listed! COOL!

Thanks Speccy! :)

P.S. Just for you, Jihaad

Why screenshot this...

Speccyscreenshot.jpg

...when this would be even better.

systemshot2.jpg