CCleaner very Slow to Open !

Johnny M!

Saturday 8 May 2010

---------------------

This is also a reply to a previous Post (same Subject)

I decided to additionally post this as a New Thread to get fresh eyes and minds back on this problem and possible remedy!

Any and all Help Appreciated (in Advance!) !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey kd5 - Back to your original Post!

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=27487

Subject: CCleaner "hangs" by opening very slowly after you command it to execute (open).

You summarized the problem perfectly !

And it (the identical problem) has plagued me for the exact same time period (since March this year - 2010).

Exactly what you noted:

- Recent CCleaner versions (last few iterations) open very slowly after double-clicking the shortcut (I've used CCleaner for two or three years and this problem is a new one).

- In my case, there is a start-up delay (CCleaner Main Window to display) of approximately 5 to 7 seconds (an eternity when computing - especially for such a lean & mean application).

- If I open CCleaner again fairly soon after the delayed attempt - it pops open quickly (as per past normal operation); like you surmised: a possible memory problem on initial load?

- The only other program modifications that I can correlate with the CCleaner opening delay problem is the several new iterations of Firefox Browser (new 3.5 & 3.6 versions) that I have upgraded to; but when I exclude Firefox (in Applications - Options - Exclude) it doesn't Help: Same slow opening !

- I've uninstalled and reinstalled CCleaner multiple times using multiple techniques (including command prompt and with hard reboots in-between attempts): still no luck fixing !

I'm a very experienced computer enthusiast with a Computer Technical Degree & A+ Cert. I've put a lot of brain bytes on this problem, and spent a lot of time trouble-shooting and surfing for a solution; but as yet - the problem lives and breathes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a fairly current clean & lean machine that I keep immaculately free from Malware, and constantly updated in a very aggressive & timely fashion:

- XP Pro, Ubuntu 10.04 and a MS Server 2008 VM (in Sun/Oracle VirtualBox)

- Gigabyte P45 MOBO

- Intel E8500 Wolfdale (Core 2 Duo)

- 4GB G-Skill DDR2 1066 PC8500 RAM

- Sapphire ATI Radeon HD Toxic 4850

- 300GB WD Veloci-Raptor and 1 TB Seagate Barracuda

- Malware Order of Battle:

-- Active: Avira AntiVir, Windows Defender, Zone Alarm Firewall, DSL Modem Firewall.

-- Passive (Manual): SpyBot Search & Destroy, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware, Rootkit Revealer.

- Active Startup Processes (with nothing open) in the mid 20's on Task Manager(so I certainly don't allow a lot of junk to run in the background).

So I concur with "kd5" - the Problem is very real and the fix - Very Elusive !

Hoping the great Piriform/CCleaner Tech guys & Coders are reading this).

Standing by for a fix !

BVR

Johnny M!

• Moderators

Hi Johnny, and welcome to Piriform.

As you've also added this post to the other thread with this identical problem, I'll close this one, leaving a link to the other which is more active.

It's counter productive to have two separate threads in different sections of the forum, running at the same time, and about the same issue.

This link will direct any one wishing to contribute to the active thread.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=27487