Install tracer

mr don

CCleaner is great, great, great!

What if it has a small script it can include that a person can checkmark while CCleaner is running, to run an install tracer that traces all file & registry locations of each program as it is installed, in it's own folder in the CCleaner directory?

It would be really cool to be able to totally & completely uninstall/remove software. Some uninstallers leave lots of junk, & this way, CCleaner might even be able to prevent problems before they happen!

A lot of programs leave a lot of junk, so by including a button to click to trace an installation, then that could be used to completely & totally remove a program later on!

What do you all think about that idea? I have not seen it suggested yet, but it sounds like such a delicious idea... Any comments?

Bit like reinventing the wheel. Sysinternals did a great job in that game.

Anything could be called reinventing the wheel.

Why have a startup manager when there is already MS Config?

Why have a system cleaner when windows already does have a temp file cleaner?

Why have a system restore point manager, when you can in windows?

Because it is easier to have a manager for all these forms of trash in a single/solidified unit.

That is a form of trash, & CCleaner does clean trash, but the only reason I suggested this, is if CCleaner did this, I am sure that it could help remove much more trash when you used the CCleaner uninstaller generated by the tracer (total program removal).