CCleaner fails to clean IE7 history properly

mr don

Specs: Windows Vista SP1 Laptop with 2 GB ram & 2.1 GHZ dual core processor. IE7 browser + CCleaner 2.28

I tested personally to be sure this happened on my friends machine, but he discovered a huge privacy risk that I am sharing with you. We ran CCleaner 2.28 & found the following problem in Internet Explorer version 7, but this also existed in CCleaner 2.30 version as well.

In running CCleaner, the history appears to be deleted in all locations. IE is, of course, totally closed out while this is going on. But click the favorites icon on the toolbar, then go to the part where it lets you search the history, because all the other places appear "blank" after CCleaner is run! No history to be found, anywhere!

But bring up the search box for history in the way I mentioned above, & type in say, M or any other character, then hit enter. Tons of history come back up! You can click every one of them & see exactly where a person has been, as though the history never has been deleted in the first place! I also tried the secure wipe in CCleaner, + I tried running IE7's own tool to remove all internet tracks, but the problem remained!

THEN, I updated to Internet Explorer 8 & ran CCleaner & the problem still existed! However, clearing the tracks this time with IE8's cleaner DID remove the history (finally!), & after that, CCleaner could successfully remove all history once IE8 did it the first time!

Is there going to be a fix for this? It is embarrassing to see certain, ahem, sites pop up NOT in the standard history, but that the search history box could bring EVERYTHING back in IE7?

Anyone know when there is going to be a fix for this? I was slightly embarrassed that CCleaner could not erase this! Any chance this will be fixed in the future? Anyone else want to try it & verify?

Again, on a Vista SP1 machine, open IE7.

Click the favorites icon on the bar right above the tab on the left side of the browser, or possibly to the left of the tab.

Click the history & search function.

Type in something & hit enter, & watch it all come back!

I hope this is fixed, & thanks for such a great program!