Defraggler running should disable hibernation on Win7

Hi all. I left my Defraggler running, and since my harddisk is huge, I decided to go do something else while it defragmented. But when I came back, the computer (a desktop PC) had just gone into hibernation, and when I awoke it I saw to my dismay that Defraggler had only got 7% of the way before the computer was shut down.

Can't it be made so that Win7 does not hibernate if Defraggler is working? ?torrent has done something along those lines, and it works great.

Hi all. I left my Defraggler running, and since my harddisk is huge, I decided to go do something else while it defragmented. But when I came back, the computer (a desktop PC) had just gone into hibernation, and when I awoke it I saw to my dismay that Defraggler had only got 7% of the way before the computer was shut down.

Can't it be made so that Win7 does not hibernate if Defraggler is working? ?torrent has done something along those lines, and it works great.

In the meantime, you can shut off hibernation in the control panel in W7, & just use the start/shutdown/standby options.

Standby sleeps in low power & is very fast to resume. Hibernation is an even deeper sleep, but you can just use standby & avoid those problems...