Updating CCleaner Automatically?

JDenniston

Why isn't their a feature to where CCleaner will update itself automatically from a dedicated server from Piriform? This would be much easier and efficient. Not to mention, easier for firefox users so we don't have to keep deleting old installation sets in our download folders. Also, after the auto update, if you could have the option to read the Changelog to see the changes in the updated versions - this would be awesome!

What ever browser you are on it would not delete the installer.

Do a search, this has been asked a million times,

and welcome to the forum

No fate but what we make

That's what I'm talking about, thanks!

Do a search, you will get all the answers you need :)

No fate but what we make

Do a search, you will get all the answers you need :)

Do a search for what? Bootstrapper was the term I was looking for...I didn't see anything on this forum about the idea of invoking an autoupdate - just thought I'd share and idea. I've been using this program for little over 3 years.

You would like ccleaner to auto update rather then manually downloading the installer each time right.....

No fate but what we make

• 4 months later...

You would like ccleaner to auto update rather then manually downloading the installer each time right.....

ident, instead of simply telling everyone to search the forum why not provide us some links? I've been searching for various keywords and I can't find any reasons exactly why Piriform won't implement an auto-update feature. It's not like it's a technical challenge by any stretch of the imagination.

Hello Eric, I think the main reason for not implementing this is because there simply is no reason to. CCleaner is updated about once a month, very cyclically predictable. A built in updater really would serve no purpose. :)

For the past several months, CCleaner has been released on the 2x'th/st day of the month.

Belated welcome to the forums.