remaining when using RECUVA. Is there anything else I can do

to completely eliminate these?

Thanks for for help.

I used the CC cleaner to try and completely clean up some

jpg images, whilst it got rid of most of these files there are still some

remaining when using RECUVA. Is there anything else I can do

to completely eliminate these?

Well thats sounds a bit confusing.

CC doesn't clean anything as such it just deletes them. If you have these images in a specfic folder you can add this folder to the cleaning process in Options/Include. Where are these files? There are different settings to delete these files in Options/Settings.

If some of these jpg's haven't been deleted can you still see them?

Recuva only finds files that have been deleted not files that are still there. ;)

WinXP SP3 and Vista Home Premium SP2

• Moderators

Possibly Filename means that he/she used secure delete to overwrite jpgs and some can stiil be shown using Recuva. They could be copies created during file move/edit/copy/resize/etc operations, which CC will not see or delete. Recuva can overwrite these files.

Well thats sounds a bit confusing.

CC doesn't clean anything as such it just deletes them. If you have these images in a specfic folder you can add this folder to the cleaning process in Options/Include. Where are these files? There are different settings to delete these files in Options/Settings.

If some of these jpg's haven't been deleted can you still see them?

Recuva only finds files that have been deleted not files that are still there. ;)

Thanks for that. My concern is that I am selling my laptop and I have files which appear using RECUVA after the CC cleaner

did it's job.

Some of the files have been deleted or overwritten by CC and now can't be seen on RECUVA yet some can. I just want to be able

to sell this machine with no information lurking around.

I once bought a machine from a bank manager, and you would be surprised what was still on there. Good job I'm

an honest Joe!!

Possibly Filename means that he/she used secure delete to overwrite jpgs and some can stiil be shown using Recuva. They could be copies created during file move/edit/copy/resize/etc operations, which CC will not see or delete. Recuva can overwrite these files.

Thanks Augeas,

Would you know of another method to try and delete these files? So that RECUVA or indeed any other

file recover software can't see them. Please see my reply to Lucky10

Many thanks

Filename

(he)