check boxes in ccleaner cleaning options?

Hello. i was wondering what happened to the checkboxes in ccleaner when you selected items to clean like what was in versions before 2.9? i am visually impaired and i use a screen reader to access my computer and with version 2.9 i have no idea what is selected when cleaning because the check boxes are not there. I was wondering if you all could re-add the check boxes again? it would be a huge help. thank you for considering,

Austin Grace

• Moderators

Hi Austin, and welcome to Piriform.

I've never encounted this one before. There must be something wrong with your install of CCleaner as the checkboxes are still there as usual.

Try downloading a fresh Installer from here, and install it again.

http://filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

If that fails, you may have to remove it completely, and then do a fresh install.

Before doing so, to keep all your settings you should select "Save all settings to INI file" in "Options\Advanced", and then copy the ccleaner.ini from the Program Files folder ("C:\Program Files\CCleaner") to a safe location, do the fresh install and copy the INI file back to the CCleaner folder to restore your settings.

Hope that helps.

hello. i reinstalaled and still get the same thing. i think what is happening is my screen reader is no longer detecting the check boxes. i use a screen reader called jaws for windows. it can be found at www.freedomscientific.com. i love ccleaner and i have no idea what is being cleaned as of now. i appreciate the help. i have a friend that uses ccleaner and jaws and we were getting the same results.

• Moderators

OK Austin, thanks for the information.

I'll pass this one to the developers, and all I can suggest for now is to go back to the last version that worked for you until this problem is sorted in maybe the next update.

Also, it's possible that a previous version may not work as it did after installing the latest one, and if that happens, do a "clean" install of the previous version as explained above to keep your settings.

All previous versions are available at the "FileHippo" link above, and let us know if you have any problems getting it working properly.