IrfanView Please

I vaguely remember looking into this a long while back when trying to create a winapp2 entry for Irfanview but the way recently opened entries are stored it couldn't be cleaned (it stored them in a config file and deleting that would also delete all your settings). So unless Irfanview has changed this, which I'm sure it hasn't, you'll be out of luck getting CCleaner to clean it unfortunately :(

You can of course stop Irfanview storing recently used files in the options if you wanted (Options>Properties/Settings>Miscellaneous - Untick "Show recent directories")

I vaguely remember looking into this a long while back when trying to create a winapp2 entry for Irfanview but the way recently opened entries are stored it couldn't be cleaned (it stored them in a config file and deleting that would also delete all your settings). So unless Irfanview has changed this, which I'm sure it hasn't, you'll be out of luck getting CCleaner to clean it unfortunately :(

You can of course stop Irfanview storing recently used files in the options if you wanted (Options>Properties/Settings>Miscellaneous - Untick "Show recent directories")

Thanks!

It seems that the latest iteration of IrfanView doesnt' keep an .ini or .cfg file for its settings (at least not in its own directory structure). I'd happily have CCleaner delete it if I could find it (my settings are simple and easily reset).

L

It seems that the latest iteration of IrfanView doesnt' keep an .ini or .cfg file for its settings (at least not in its own directory structure). I'd happily have CCleaner delete it if I could find it (my settings are simple and easily reset).

Are you sure, look for i_view32.ini in Program Files>Irfanview ;)

Are you sure, look for i_view32.ini in Program Files>Irfanview ;)

Right, I'm new to Windows 7.

Here's the path for i_view32.ini:

C:\Users\WHATEVERUSER\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\IrfanView

Thanks, I've added that to the "Include" list.