HDD activation

Gio

Since I have been using Speccy 1.00.089 the hard drives are continually being searched while I have Speccy running. The other day I had AVG doing its scan while speccy was on, and a scan that normally takes about 55 minutes to complete to scan around 600GB was till running after 4 hours and was only halfway complete :angry: . As soon as I turn Speccy 1.00.089 off, the HDD activity stops. I was running 1.00.066 before and was very happy with it, and had none of these problems :) .

Gio

Hello Piriform team, thanks for this beta version of Speccy !

I love the graphic interface of Speccy, and I prefer your software to other solution (Belarc Advisor or other similar...).

BUT, and as for this other forum user, I have also a problem with the hard drives access, when Speccy is running, the three HDD of my computer are permanently in activity :unsure:

I hope that the next versions will solve this problem ;)

P.S. I use CCleaner everyday and my life is so simple since I started to use this application :rolleyes:

Body1967

I am seeing this continuous HDD activity when Speccy 89 is open on both my Windows 7 x86 Pro and Windows7 x64 Pro systems. This is even after Speccy displays the HDD stats.

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.