Registry cleaner issue

Manuel S.

Hello:

I run CCleaner [Jan 28th] and Wise Reg Cleaner, and found that CCleaner is not detecting lots of invalid entries in registry:

-User MRU lists:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\MUICache\, WRC will list all files there, CCleaner only lists missing files

-Empty Keys:

if it's CCleaner Obsolete Software, Wise Reg Cleaner will find much more empty keys!

-Installer+ActiveX+TypeLibs: CCleaner 117 wrong entries, Wise Reg Cleaner will find 359, including Windows Updates and stuff from HKCR\Installer\Patches\

I hope you could check this. Thanks very much!!!

Hello:

I run CCleaner [Jan 28th] and Wise Reg Cleaner, and found that CCleaner is not detecting lots of invalid entries in registry:

-User MRU lists:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\MUICache\, WRC will list all files there, CCleaner only lists missing files

-Empty Keys:

if it's CCleaner Obsolete Software, Wise Reg Cleaner will find much more empty keys!

-Installer+ActiveX+TypeLibs: CCleaner 117 wrong entries, Wise Reg Cleaner will find 359, including Windows Updates and stuff from HKCR\Installer\Patches\

I hope you could check this. Thanks very much!!!

I have used Wise Registry Cleaner too. So far, I appreciate that it detects a lot. It detected around 30+ issues that CCleaner can't detect which I all fixed but when I check the checkbox for "empty registry keys" on Wise Registry Cleaner, there were more issues, but I decided not to fix them even though WRS would suggest they are all safe to fix. If it is listed there, it doesn't necessarily mean that they should be removed or altered. You can see a hint on the status bar of Wise Registry Cleaner that says something like

"10 number of issues can be fixed, 0 can be deleted, but this is not Recommended."

CCleaner is not the best registry cleaner out there. The registry cleaner tool is not CCleaner's main function as the moderators here have to say. Its primary purpose is to clean junk files. But I do agree that CCleaner should have just a little better detection of registry problems than it is now.

However, other registry cleaners seem to burrow too deep into the cleaning process and they seem very risky in making something go bad and not work. CCleaner, although is not the most effective, its actually safer cause it has less risk of deleting something that is still important in the registry. However, you should always make a backup of your registry in case something goes bad.

I love computer maintenance tasks.

Some of my favorite programs:

Wordpad -basic word processing

Notepad - temporary clipboard and basic scripting module

Windows Media Player 12- video, music and online radio player

Windows Media Center - live TV, local FM radio

CCleaner- handy computer maintenance tool

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.