Easier exclusion mechanism

junowatt

When I added exclusion filespecs for defraggler, it was harder than it had to be. First I ran defraggler, looked a the files tab, and noted files and directories which I wanted to ignore.

For each file or directory, I had to do all this clicking:

Settings / Options ... / Exclude / Add / Drive or Folder / Browse / C: / Documents and Settings / Owner / Local Settings / Application Data / Opera / Opera / cache / OK / OK

This was repeated seven or eight times as I noticed other things on the file list I wanted to exclude. You might argue that on the 2nd and subsequent items I could skip the first three steps, but since I can scroll through the file list while the modal Settings dialog is active, I had to go all the way out. That is on the order of 16 clicks or double clicks per file or directory to be excluded.

There is a better way.

On the File list tab of the files to be defragged, one can right click and select various actions, such as defrag, check, open containing folder, etc.

How about adding a couple more options to that context menu?

• Exclude File
  • Exclude containing folder

Finally, a big thanks to Piriform for putting out such great and professional programs at an agreeable price. :-)