Unsuccessful recovery due to 'invalid clusters range'

user1010

Thanks for supplying this great software! I've been looking for a way to recover my .tib file which was deleted as a result of a disrupted partition resize and I've finally come across Recuva. It found my .tib file (through doing a deep scan) however when I go to recover the file it won't due to 'invalid cluster range'.

I'd appreciate some advice in this situation please, I've found other partition recovery programmes that have also picked up the file but they are about ?40 and I don't want to risk losing the money!

Thanks in advance

• Moderators

Have a look at a "forensic" standard recovery program called "TestDisk". It isn't the most user friendly, but it's worth a shot as it's free.

I had a play about with it a while back, and the info may be of some help:

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showto...mp;#entry121134

EDIT: Welcome to the forum by the way.

Thanks for supplying this great software! I've been looking for a way to recover my .tib file which was deleted as a result of a disrupted partition resize and I've finally come across Recuva. It found my .tib file (through doing a deep scan) however when I go to recover the file it won't due to 'invalid cluster range'.

I'd appreciate some advice in this situation please, I've found other partition recovery programmes that have also picked up the file but they are about ?40 and I don't want to risk losing the money!

Thanks in advance

There is a program called Handy Recovery that is very easy to use, & recovers from deleted files, deleted partitions, raw partitions, re-partitioned drives, formats, long formats, & encrypted user accounts in XP. I believe it can do the same in Vista.

If it cannot recover the files, they probably cannot be recovered. It will NOT recover from a drive that has been secure wiped, so unless you did that, it should be recoverable!