Access denied - after trying to recover my files

brockerdocker

Hello,

i have to say that i am very glad that there is some software like Recuva. It helped me a lot to recover .avi video files. I stupidly erased lots of files with the ftp-software filezilla from a network-disk. Now i installed this disk in my pc trying to recover the files. Filezilla didn't asked if it should really delete it. After 3 seconds i closed the program to stop it deleting my files. So i think the files still has to be on the disk. Even if filezilla would have tried to erase them completely there wasn't enough time.

After i made a deep scan with ecuva i see lots of files. Most of them don't have a name but Recuva says they are in good conditions (No overwritten clusters detected). Now i tried to recover them but sadly Recuva was just able to recover 72 out of 191 files. The others couldn't get recover because of an "Access denied" alert. I don't know how to give it access. The disk is formated with NTFS and is installed in my PC with SATA2.

The one that can be recovered are just fine. Just their filenames are still lost. So they are named [000001].avi and so on.

I don't understand why i can see all my files, their filesize, last modified,... but i am still unable to recover them.

So i would be very grateful if someone could give me a hint to recover the rest files.

Thank you very much,

bye brockerdocker :)

• 1 month later...

I am experiencing the same issue with some of the files I'm trying to recover...especially the one I really want to recover :)

I get a green light next to the file, and while the file does not have a name, it states that it is in Excellent condition. But when I go to recover it, I get an Access Denied error.

Any thoughts? I can provide any info needed.

Thanks in advance!