Microsoft messenger 14

beegordon

I upgraded to Messenger 14 a few weeks ago on my old PC running XP SP3 and within a day all the personal pictures of my contacts were replaced with the anonimous grey people icons. Microsoft had no answers. I have just built a new PC and installed Windows 7 and Messenger 14 and got all my pictures back gain. After puting Ccleaner back on and running it I now find the same has happened again and all my contact pictures have vanished yet again.

Could this be caused by something that Ccleaner is erasing or have I got it set up to erase something it shouldn't. Maybe it's a Microsoft problem but they never admit to anything.

The only thing I could suggest is you un-tick the Windows Live Messenger box in the Applications tab, this don't seem like a CCleaner issue though.

winlive.png

Did you run CCleaner while windows live was open? If you did, try closing it, running CCleaner (with the box ticked) and then re-opening windows live, I've incurred weird issues with Pidgin if I run the pidgin option while its open. (I don't know what exactly the windows live option cleans, but if its the display pictures then its basically the same as my pidgin option)

What I tend to do is run CCleaner just before I shut down in the evening. When I come back on in the morning all my contacts pictures have vanished. As I begin chatting to people again their pictures return but are gone again next day. Since I stopped running Ccleaner the pictures are still there when I switch on again in the morning. It is this which makes me think something in Ccleaner is getiing rid ofthem. I was hoping others might have the same problems but it looks like it is only me.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I have used Messenger for 2 weeks now and my contact's personal pictures have remained and been there at startup every day just like they should be.

Tonight I downloaded the latest version of Ccleaner and ran it one time. Low and behold all my contacts pictures immediately vanished to be replaced by the grey person Icon.

There is no doubt that there is a conflict between Ccleaner and Messenger which needs resolved. To my mind the problem is clearly with Ccleaner as this has not occurred all the time I didn't use it.