Windows 7 x64 - Cookie problem...

WaveDreamer

Hi!

I just wonder why CCleaner (actual 2.25) makes trouble with the Cookies...

CCleaner just shows me in the Extras-Cookies-Tab (To keep selected) the Cookies of the MS IE and not the Cookies from Firefox.

My system:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

CCleaner v2.25.1025 - German Language

Firefox v3.54

IE 8

Is there a workaround?

Thanks!

Edit: Problem of v2.24 - in v2.24 it works fine.

Hi!

Yes, under Options/Cookies.

There are only the cookies of the Internet Explorer shown, not the Cookies of Firefox. You can click on one Cookie and see the IE-Logo at the Bottom...

I know how to delete Cookies manually :)

Maybe this is a bug in Win7 x64?

Hi!

It must be a Problem of the Version 2.25 - and its not the problem of Windows 7 x64.

I also own a Samsung NC10 Netbook with Windows XP Home 32bit - and I updated the v2.24 to v2.25 - and now theres the same issue than on my home-pc. Opera is also installed on my Netbook. CCleaner finds the Cookies from the Internet Explorer and Opera - but not the Cookies of Firefox v3.54 :/

EDIT: I found v2.24.1010 and I installed it on my netbook - works fine.

Its a Problem of v2.25

Hi

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with CCleaner v2.25 and FF cookies.

We haven't been able to reproduce the problem.

We have tested FF 3.5.4 on W7 64bit and it works as expected.

Can you please provide more details about the steps you are following so we can reproduce the problem?

Thanks

Hi MrT,

mhh I try to help you :)

As I wrote it works on my XP Home Netbook. Now I am at home at my W7 64bit System and deinstalled the CCleaner v2.25 and installed the v2.24 - Firefox was open. After installing it the same issue here: no cookies. Then I closed Firefox and CCleaner, opened CCleaner and... everything is okay. I am sure that Firefox was not active when I tried it on v2.25...

Hope this helps a little bit.

I've installed CCleaner on the recommendation from others in this forum. It seems ok. The only thing is that when I go into the Options --> Cookies area, I can select the cookies that I want to keep and move them over tot he right window pane. I thought that all the other cookies left in the left side window pane gets deleted when I run the Cleaner. Have I just misunderstood the process or am I missing a step or a check on something that will tell it to clean out all cookies other than the ones within the "cookies to keep" section.

Spam link in sig removed and user banned

• 3 weeks later...

i have the same or similar problem, ccleaner 2.26.1050, win7 x64 ultimate

if firefox/mozilla is set to delete cookies in 'applications', it deletes ALL cookies, including the ones i said not to delete in the options, if i untick the firefox cookies box in applications, it does not delete ANY cookies.

sometimes no firefox cookies show up after a deletion, then suddenly all are listed. this just happened to me again, was showing only three cookies in options in left panel. ticked 'cookies' in applications, now shows 146 cookies. if i untick the cookies in applications for firefox, the list goes back to three (for ie). in any case, the cookies i selected to keep are also deleted.

edited:

OK, figured it out cookies only appear in the left cookie options box if you have ticked the cookies box for the respective browser in the windows/appliction settings. you can then move the keepers to the right (i found more of my keepers duplicated in the left list but with www. prefixes, re-added them on the right & they did not get deleted next run.)

i would have expected ALL cookies to appear in the left box no matter what the settings in the windows/application section.

Regards,

angelsigpic.png

CAVE CANEM ET SEMPER PARATUS

Win7 x64 SP1, pentium D, 2GB ram, nvidia GEF 210, acer aspire t650,

Firefox 6.0 x86 & x64, Thunderbird 5.0, IE9, BT Home Hub 3 (hardwired), Outpost Security Suite v7.5.1,

in-house IT Support Dept. consisting of two retired greyhounds, one of which is now a very fast angel.