Getting VISTA to Change Browser to Google

whrx

I've had extensive computer problems this past summer,a large portion of them being that theGEEKS removed VISTA from my machine and replaced it with XP!! (Actually a much better program IMO) but the recovery disketts still contained VISTA

At any rate, at least once this summer I found the "Hidden Tunnel" that MS put in JIC anybody was foolish enough to want to avoid Yahoo, Bing etc.

and wanted to change back to IMO the best search engine GOOGLE

But as a super senior my mind doesn't remember how I did it, nor of course did I write it down.. (surely I'd remember......wrong)

Appreciate any help on how to find that entrance!

whrx

Which browser do you use? Internet Explorer? I'm not sure I understood you post correctly but if it's about changing the Homepage in the browser it can be done this way. Quoting Microsoft - please click the link below for tiny screenshots:

1.Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Internet Explorer.

2. Navigate to the webpage you would like to set as the home page.

3. Click the arrow to the right of the Home button , and then click Add or Change Home Page.

4. In the Add or Change Home Page dialog box, do one of the following:
? To make the current webpage your only home page, click Use this webpage as your only home page.

? To start a home page tab set or to add the current webpage to your set of home page tabs, click Add this webpage to your home page tabs.

? To replace your existing home page or home page tab set with the webpages you currently have open, click Use the current tab set as your home page. This option will only be available if you have more than one tab open in Internet Explorer.

5. Click Yes to save your changes.
Source: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows...lorer-home-page

Note: If your anti-malware programs have some form of Homepage protection they'll most likely give you a popup asking if you'll allow the change. In some cases you'll have to open them yourself and change the url by deleting the old Homepage link and pasting the new one in it's place.

Internet Explorer 6 isn't compatible with Vista, unfortunately. However, it wasn't very secure anyway. Here's another Microsoft article about

"Change or choose a search provider in Internet Explorer" http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows...ternet-Explorer