Recovery of deleted Skype IM chat history

stoli008

I recently had some very important chat history deleted through no fault on my own. I have searched for the past couple of days for a way to recover and seen a number of suggestions...unfortunately none have been successful!! Does anyone to this forum have "an exact method" to recover these files....VERY VERY IMPORTANT INFO.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
I recently had some very important chat history deleted through no fault on my own. I have searched for the past couple of days for a way to recover and seen a number of suggestions...unfortunately none have been successful!! Does anyone to this forum have "an exact method" to recover these files....VERY VERY IMPORTANT INFO.

Maybe try this.

In Recuva, go to "Options\ViewMode" and select "Tree View".

Then go to "Options\Actions" and check the "Restore Folder Structure" box.

Then after you scan your C: drive, navigate in the tree view to "C:\Documents and Settings\<your name>\Application Data\Skype\<your skype name>", which is where chats are stored. Check only that box and see what comes up.

I have no idea what the data file will be called as I don't have Skype, but if there's anything in there, just recover it, to another partition, hard drive or thumb drive if possible.

Hope that may help.