the new mft handling damages computer

jonasvd

Well, however i'm not 100% sure that it's because of defraggler. But i think i should say it anyway.

I can't boot vista anymore because of my harddisk being messed up, in the vista recovery tool it says that my C disk (a partition i defragmented the last time my laptop could run) was "corrupt or damaged" the C partition being my system partition <_< after long searching (still unaware that defraggler might have caused it) i stumbled on someone who had the exact same problem, and used a third party defrag program. Then i realised i might have the exact same problem, that it somehow damaged my mdr files. Oh, this might be bug reporting, but feel free to help me too, I kinda need this laptop tomorrow in class -.-

Edit: found a massive amount of damaged index files with chkdsk. though i didn't have a vista boot disk :s i have a lame fix partition which is on the corrupt disk XD. So i needed to run it before i was on the partition that was on the corrupt HD, hence the disk, instead of the recovery thingy on the partition. It seems to be defraggler after all i think :s yet i haven't got a clue why this happened to me and not to anyone else.

Edit2: unsuccessful :s now he seems to be wanting to repair my system all the time (automatically)which didn't happen before

Edit3: i feel like throwing my laptop out of the window as i spent over 9hrs trying to fix it and it still doesn't work -.- i can't do a clean install because i need the software on it and i don't have a windows vista disk...

thanks for the help but i've already borrowed a disk from a friend, and i'm going to do a repair install, or if necessary a format and reinstall. I managed to recover most of my files with the help of cmd. And i also think i've figured out what went wrong, i used acronis to manage partitions and i resized my system partition. That alone couldn't have done it because i booted my computer a couple of times. Yet defragmenting after the partition resize could've caused the whole problem :s