Portable Version Recuva

robfo

• Moderators

Portable version can be found here:

http://www.piriform.com/recuva/builds

You don't exactly say what your current version is, but I'll assume portable. If the portable version is in a location of your choosing, you'll need to install the new portable version to that location.

Any other version would be installed as a normal software install. I think that's what you're asking, but not 100% sure.

Hope that helps.

Is only the "Portable Version" installable, as update, over existing v.? If so, where to find?

Thanks for reply. Current v. 1.29.0.429. I didn't install that with a "portable" file(AFAIK). This was a second or third update, and I think I installed the present one over the preexisting. Not sure, but any way I'll install over with the just now DL'ed portable - thanks for link - and see what happens.

RF

• Moderators

If you're using a normally installed Recuva, you would need to update that with a normally installed update.

The portable version is completely different, and installs onto a thumb drive or into it's own folder at any location you choose.

I have no idea what will result if you install the portable over a normal version. You will probably end up with a portable Recuva inside the normally installed Recuva folder.

That is of course, if I am understanding you right.