In need of help! ASAP!

bre

:unsure:

Im new to this, and I'm not even sure if I am posting in the right forum or not, but here it goes. Honestly I dont completely understand how to set up CCleaner. I went through all of the steps the website takes you through, but was a bit confused. I didnt understand registry ccleaning or how to go about it in a way that wont ruin my computor. I didnt understand removing system restore points for the same reason, therefore I removed none. And to make myself ook like a bigger idiot, I also didnt completely follow Including and excluding files, folders, and Registry entries , therefore, there is nothing in the include or exclude sections.

I want to get the most out of this program because it seems to be effective, but it is difficult for someone like me with a small knowledgebase regarding computors to implement correctly and understand how to operate without damaging my computor.

So I guess I just need help understanding and then implementing.

And for some reason, my AVG antivirus icons are gone...hmmm

thanks

Oh and I just ran my AVG antivirus and this is what I got:

"C:\Users\bre\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\bre@ad.yieldmanager[2].txt";"Found Tracking cookie.Yieldmanager";"Potentially dangerous object"

"C:\Users\bre\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\bre@ad.yieldmanager[2].txt:\ad.yieldmanager.com.539b0606";"Found Tracking cookie.Yieldmanager";"Potentially dangerous object"

"C:\Users\bre\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\bre@ad.yieldmanager[2].txt:\ad.yieldmanager.com.557bf2b0";"Found Tracking cookie.Yieldmanager";"Potentially dangerous object"

"C:\Users\bre\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\bre@ad.yieldmanager[2].txt:\ad.yieldmanager.com.b68f2b7b";"Found Tracking cookie.Yieldmanager";"Potentially dangerous object"

"C:\Users\bre\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\bre@ad.yieldmanager[2].txt:\ad.yieldmanager.com.e626e6be";"Found Tracking cookie.Yieldmanager";"Potentially dangerous object"

"C:\Users\bre\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\bre@ad.yieldmanager[2].txt:\ad.yieldmanager.com.ff92306";"Found Tracking cookie.Yieldmanager";"Potentially dangerous object"

"C:\Users\bre\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\bre@atdmt[1].txt";"Found Tracking cookie.Atdmt";"Potentially dangerous object"

"C:\Users\bre\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\bre@atdmt[1].txt:\atdmt.com.7247c262";"Found Tracking cookie.Atdmt";"Potentially dangerous object"

"C:\Users\bre\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\bre@atdmt[1].txt:\atdmt.com.b3e33b5f";"Found Tracking cookie.Atdmt";"Potentially dangerous object"

"C:\Users\bre\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\bre@doubleclick[2].txt";"Found Tracking cookie.Doubleclick";"Potentially dangerous object"

"C:\Users\bre\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\bre@doubleclick[2].txt:\doubleclick.net.bf396750";"Found Tracking cookie.Doubleclick";"Potentially dangerous object"

"C:\Users\bre\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\bre@questionmarket[2].txt";"Found Tracking cookie.Questionmarket";"Potentially dangerous object"

"C:\Users\bre\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\bre@questionmarket[2].txt:\questionmarket.com.3eb5a9f1";"Found Tracking cookie.Questionmarket";"Potentially dangerous object"

"C:\Users\bre\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\bre@questionmarket[2].txt:\questionmarket.com.4dd5e426";"Found Tracking cookie.Questionmarket";"Potentially dangerous object"

"C:\Users\bre\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\bre@tribalfusion[2].txt";"Found Tracking cookie.Tribalfusion";"Potentially dangerous object"

"C:\Users\bre\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windokies\Low\bre@tribalfusion[2].txt:\tribalfusion.com.dcc03271";"Found Tracking cookie.Tribalfusion";"Potentially dangerous object"

I dont know what that means, someone can track what I do on my compuror? and i dont know what to do about it and how to fix it...please help!!! You can either send me a message or make a post on here..thanks

thanks

• Moderators

First of all double posting can frustrate other forum members, and responses should be posted here, not via pm's.

I assume you have installed CC, have you run it yet? For new users I would leave the standard settings as they are. If you have changed anything then you can right-click on the headings on the Cleaner panel and select Restore Default State. With the default settings you are unlikely to come to any harm. Well, your pc won't. I would not touch the Registry section yet, and you don't have to have anything in the Include/Exclude sections yet, if at all. Leave System Restore points alone.

So, just run the Cleaner section with default settings, and read docs.piriform.com

I would want to remove everything in your list of cookies. I doubt if they're dangerous, you just don't want them. Either AVG or CC will, or should, remove them.