Unable to play most files after recovery

gonney

Hi,

A few days ago, I accidentally deleted a 120GB+ video folder, that I had accumulated over a few years - It mainly consisted of DVDrips of most of my music DVDs/movies & many 100s of random videos (mainly music concerts) that I greatly cherished. I was not aware of it until yesterday when I realized that the folder I wanted to delete was a slightly similar named folder just below the folder intended for deletion. An hour of heart break & many google searches later, I found out that recuva was the best free option to recover accidentally deleted files.

An installation and four hours of recovery later, I realized that nearly 7 of every 8 files (approx) does not play. I get the same error each time

"Windows media player cannot play the file. The player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file." I have unsuccessfully tried playing the file with different softwares [vlc, smplayer] & a host of other players & am totally frustrated about the whole thing & everytime I click on the source of the error meesage, I am led to the same microsoft page which shows an C00D1199 error message. & all these files played perfectly well before + I am pretty sure that I have all the necessary codecs

Is there someway that I could play these files? please help - Thanks in advance