Keep Antivirus logs longer

TechHarmony

HI,

(first, Thank you for the CCleaner program tool)

I just discovered, to my {chagrin|consternation|disappointment}, that along with the expected temporary and work files, CCleaner also has been deleting almost all of my Avira Antivir scan results log files.

This removal of Antivirus scan result logs is definitely NOT a recommended procedure in my IT best-practices book (well, its not so much a physical book per-se... ;) .

I was trying to get some results of false positives over time to forward to the vendor (Avira Antivir). That is when I discovered that I only have 24 hours of log files in my c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Avira|AntiVir Desktop\LOGFILES directory (it uses the caps...)

Ccleaner does keep the .avl files, which is why I had not noticed the log files missing... since when I look inside Avira application, it does show the dates and times and summary numbers for each scan and update event. So I figured all was OK. But when I click on the item to display the detail report - nothing, no actual details on what was found except for within last 24 hours, because the actual report file (xxxxxxx.log) files are gone!

PLEASE Change default behavior to PRESERVE Antivirus log files. Or at least, some way to clearly show the user some date range, or change the default to 30 days or older, rather than the 1 (or 2) days age it now uses as cut-off.

Now that I have discovered this unwanted CCleaner default behavior, I have Unchecked the Antivir Desktop from the Cleaner/Applicatinos/Utilities group. But obviously, that does not get back any of the historical files I wanted to forward to Avira.

Plus, I now need to uncheck the antivirus clean box from the other folks computers whom I have blithely set up ccleaner on in my "helpfulness."

Just FYI, I already uncheck browser cookies, history and form values, since I want that info preserved,

PS, I looked at some other related posts, and saw one purporting to clean only safe antivir log files, but it looks like it does even MORE drastic cleaning, purging just about everything... (maybe I just don't understand your scripting language, but looks like it specifies to delete even more than current default. <forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=21026&hl=antivir>).

Thank you.

The Universe is intelligent and friendly 8-)