Updating to new Ccleaner version

emm

Hi everybody. Can anybody answer this question?

When you download a new version of Ccleaner, are you supposed to end up with 2 cleaners? Doesn?t the new version usually incorporate into the old one?

I have Ccleaner 2.18.878. When I downloaded Ccleaner 2.22.968, I ended up with 2 Ccleaner icons in my Desktop, one for 2.18 and another for 2.22. I clicked each one, and each one brought up it?s respective version.

I went to Add/Remove in Control Panel to remove 2.22, (2.22 was the only Ccleaner there). I removed that.

Now I don?t see any Cleaners in Add/Remove, or in Program files. I thought that before this last download I had an entry for the cleaner in both of these areas. Now I don?t know where they went, I just have the 2.18 icon on my Desktop. This version still seems to work OK.

This is what I did:

When I clicked the cleaner I got a message that there was an new version to download. I clicked ?Yes? to go ahead and download.

I got this page that said ?Click here to download? I clicked that.

I got a page with 2 options to click to download, I chose ?FileHippo.com?.

In FileHippo, I was not sure where to click. I clicked ?Download Latest Version?.

On the ?Do you want to save this file? I click ?Yes?, and ?Yes? in the next prompt.

Restart.

Is there something I was supposed to do differently?

I use XP/SP3, IE7, AOL, Mozzilla 3.5.2. and AVG Free 8.5

Thank you

Now I don?t know where they went, I just have the 2.18 icon on my Desktop. This version still seems to work OK.

Right-click the icon > Properties to see where CCleaner.exe is located. It's possible that one version did not install to C:\Program Files\CCleaner.

Right-click the icon > Properties to see where CCleaner.exe is located. It's possible that one version did not install to C:\Program Files\CCleaner.

Hi. When I right click, the info I get is about the icon in my "Desktop". There is no "Find target", to go to where the program is downloaded.

I went to Start > Search and found there a whole bunch of Ccleaner 18.8 and 2.22 files. So, evidently, I still have both programs, (in C/Program Files) although they do not appear in Add/Remove, or in Start > Programs.

Why did I end up with 2 versions?

I thought that when you update to a new version, the new one would replace the old one so that you end up only with the new version in your system.

I now, probably, will have to uninstall everything that has to do with Ccleaner and then install again. Unless someone has a better suggestion?

Thanks,

Edith

Hi. When I right click, the info I get is about the icon in my "Desktop". There is no "Find target", to go to where the program is downloaded.

Sounds like CCleaner.exe is installed to your Desktop, i.e., it's the actual program not a shortcut icon.

Sounds like CCleaner.exe is installed to your Desktop, i.e., it's the actual program not a shortcut icon.

>>> It seems to be. In Start > Search it shows the old Ccleaner Application as being in Desktop, and the newer version shows that it is in C/Program Files. Weird.

Edith