Hotfix Uninstaller

Nichole

I've been using ccleaner for several years now but until today I've never really looked deep into it's features. I've always just ran the cleaner and that's it. I just analyzed my "Hotfix Uninstaller" and am wondering if I should proceed with the cleaning? I read into it somewhat on the forum here and am seeing for the most part that it's suggested to leave it alone. If that's true, then fine but if I can run the cleaner on it safely then I will because it's using up a lot of space. Here's what came up off the analysis: 345.0 MB to be removed; Advanced- Hotfix Uninstallers 353,257 KB; 1,207 files. I'm assuming that's a lot? Either way, should I or shouldn't I? :) Thanks for the help in advance!

If you remove the uninstallers you wont be able to remove an update in the future. These updates will become permanent. Unless your really hurting for disk space I would just leave them intact. Your using Windows XP?

No, actually I'm still old-school--running Windows 2000 Pro. I'm not necessarily running low on space so I will leave them as they are. I've just been trying to go through my computer and clean out any unnecessary files, junk, whatever because it's been somewhat slow lately and I also seem to be low on virtual memory quite often lately. I'm probably going to have to get some more memory. I also have a new/used hard drive that is definitely an upgrade from my current one but I need to get around to cleaning it out. I got it from my work and it has programs & files on it that I don't want but they aren't easy to remove either.

• Moderators

Hi Nichole.

Might be some uesful info here if and when you decide to go for more memory.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=22953

And you may find a proper removal tool here for some of that software you mention.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=23330

If you have problems with any specific program you can't remove, you can always post a question about it.